Pages

Jul 13, 2013

Purification Bath




Whenever I have a ritual coming up or any other working of a spiritual nature, I like to use a cleansing rite that does the job pretty well.

It uses the famous Asperrges Me verse:

Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo et mundabor,
Lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.

 Thou wilt sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop and I shall be cleansed
Thou wilt wash me, and I shall be washed whiter than snow.

I usually sing it in my native tongue of Romanian, with a melody that is usually sung in Church. 

1. Run your bath water however hot or cold you like.
2. Perform the Consecration of the Salt on a bowl of salt, prefferably coarse natural salt or marine salt.
3. Being consecrated, take a fistful of salt and release it into the water in the shape of a cross: In the name of the Father. Next to it, another fistful, and of the Son, and another one, and the Holy Spirit. I usually hit the water with the salt, in an exorcising manner.
4. Put the right foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me the first time.
5.Put the left foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a second time.
6. Kneel with the right foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a third time.
7.Kneel with the left foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a fourth time, upright.
8. From the kneeling upright position, sit on your heels, letting the water come up above your waist, reciting the Asperges Me a fifth time.
9. Sit in your tub and extend your feet, lye down and let the water reach your neck,  reciting the Asperges Me a sixth time.
10. Submerge your head underwater for a few seconds and come up again, and recite the Asperges me the seventh time, taking care not to lose your breath or choke with water.
11. Relax and pray in any fasion you want, meditate and give thanks.
12. Get out dry and do your stuff. 


I cannot disclose the origin of this rite. If you wish to use it, feel free. 
Non-Christians can replace the trinity with the names Agla, On, Tetragrammaton, but that s about it. Other religioons have their own rites, don t try to use Cthulhu, Yog Sothoth and Nyarlathotep or Satan, Baal and Astaroth, it s not meant to work like that. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Astterion,

    Sage of 6 paths here and I wanted to thank you for this excellent Purification Bath ritual.

    It is what i was looking for.

    celestial blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could be of service. If there s anything in particular you people would like me to blog about, just say the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1)perhaps you can speak on the process of purification/confession outlined in the grimoires, their importance etc

    2)your ideas on simple daily prayers/ invocations/ psalms to be used to align the Mage with Source God.

    things of this nature highly interest me.
    maybe you already blogged this, if so, please send me the link.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is harassing me astrally. Please help me. Contact at ramit200@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear anonym, I do not do magical work for people I do not know.

    Please perform this purification bath daily and pray at least twice a day.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this mate. For years now it's been a habit to chant it in English every night in the shower. Seriously...but in English because I'm a dumbass

    ReplyDelete