This blog is dedicated solely to the persuit of the traditional Magical Arts as described by classic works such as Clavicula Solomonis, Lemegeton, Sepher Raziel, Heptameron and the like. This blog is not about spells, fantasy, wicca, new age, chaosmagic or the Golden Dawn system.
Whenever I have a ritual coming up or any other working of a spiritual nature, I like to use a cleansing rite that does the job pretty well.
It uses the famous Asperrges Me verse:
Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo et mundabor,
Lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Thou wilt sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop and I shall be cleansed
Thou wilt wash me, and I shall be washed whiter than snow.
I usually sing it in my native tongue of Romanian, with a melody that is usually sung in Church.
1. Run your bath water however hot or cold you like.
2. Perform the Consecration of the Salt on a bowl of salt, prefferably coarse natural salt or marine salt.
3. Being consecrated, take a fistful of salt and release it into the water in the shape of a cross: In the name of the Father. Next to it, another fistful, and of the Son, and another one, and the Holy Spirit. I usually hit the water with the salt, in an exorcising manner.
4. Put the right foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me the first time.
5.Put the left foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a second time.
6. Kneel with the right foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a third time.
7.Kneel with the left foot in the water, reciting the Asperges Me a fourth time, upright.
8. From the kneeling upright position, sit on your heels, letting the water come up above your waist, reciting the Asperges Me a fifth time.
9. Sit in your tub and extend your feet, lye down and let the water reach your neck, reciting the Asperges Me a sixth time.
10. Submerge your head underwater for a few seconds and come up again, and recite the Asperges me the seventh time, taking care not to lose your breath or choke with water.
11. Relax and pray in any fasion you want, meditate and give thanks.
12. Get out dry and do your stuff.
I cannot disclose the origin of this rite. If you wish to use it, feel free.
Non-Christians can replace the trinity with the names Agla, On, Tetragrammaton, but that s about it. Other religioons have their own rites, don t try to use Cthulhu, Yog Sothoth and Nyarlathotep or Satan, Baal and Astaroth, it s not meant to work like that.